I think I mostly enjoy the warm smells of cinnamon and pumpkin that fill my apartment when I bake, which is why I decided to whip up something quick and delicious. I hadn't baked anything since the BF and I moved into our new place, so this was long overdue. Browsing my favorite online recipe site, Foodily, I stumbled across a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip bread from fellow food-blogger, The Naptime Chef. The recipe was easy to follow and produced two beautiful loaves. I sliced these babies up and had them with coffee but they would also be great with a little pumpkin-spiced cream cheese or, if you're feeling really
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Recipe adapted from The Naptime Chef
4 eggs at room temperature
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1 15oz. can of pumpkin
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 12 oz. bag of semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two 9X5 loaf pans or two muffin trays.
2) In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin.
3) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to wet ingredients slowly, mixing continuously.
4) Mix in your chocolate chips and pour the batter into your prepared pans. Sprinkle tops of loaves with a pinch of cinnamon and sugar (optional).
5) Bake for 45-50 minutes for two loaf pans or bake 25 minutes for two muffin pans.
6) After baking, allow to cool in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
7) Slice and serve! This would also be great topped with pumpkin-spiced cream cheese!