The BF and I stopped by Bull & Bear to taste test all five of these diggity dogs, all in the name of food research. Luckily for us, the restaurant offers the "Frank Plank," a sampling platter of all five hot dogs in a mini format which we tried, along with a generous serving of parmesan truffle fries.
Here was this year's round-up from left to right:
- The Cincinnati "Coney": Spicy beef chili, pickled onion salad, shredded cheddar, mustard, potato bun
- The Sooo Cali: Bison dog, heirloom tomato and avocado relish, arugula, crispy shallot, lettuce, pesto aioli, ciabatta bun
- Miami Vice: Turkey dog, mojo braised pork, spicy pickle, mustard aioli, swiss cheese, shredded lettuce, toasted garlic bun
- The Northern Woods of Wisconsin: Venison dog, fried jalapeno jack cheese curds, caramelized onion, juniper-beer mustard, soft bun
- New Orleans Po' Boy: Andouille sausage, olive relish, frisee, crispy salami, provolone, remoulade, sesame bun
|The Frank Plank|
A close second was The New Orleans Po' Boy. We loved the remoulade and the spicy andouille.
|Parmesan Truffle Fries|
Bull & Bear's hot dog week always proves to be creative and fun and we're looking forward to finding out the theme of next year's celebration!
Note: my meal at Bull & Bear was complimentary; however, the opinions expressed herein are my own.
Bull & Bear
431 N. Wells St.
Chicago, IL 60654