|Avocado Toast at Pizza East|
The BF has turned into somewhat of an artisan bread maker and luckily we had some of his homemade bread on hand for me to use. There's nothing better than fresh bread, but you can certainly use any type you have. The crustier the better!
Check out the recipe below and let me know how you like to make avocado toast!
Serving Size: 1
1 piece of bread, toasted
1/2 a ripe avocado
1 tsp olive oil + a bit more for brushing on your toast
1 tsp red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy!)
Pinch of sea salt or kosher salt
Pinch of black pepper
1-2 lemon wedges
1. Toast your bread
2. While your bread is toasting, poach your egg (check out a how-to video here)
3. Chop 1/2 a ripe avocado into cubes and place in a mixing bowl
4. Add 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp red pepper flakes to your bowl and toss gently to coat
5. Brush your toasted bread with olive oil
6. Add your avocado mixture on top of your toast, and then your poached egg
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of your egg
8. Squeeze lemon on top and enjoy!