|List of inaugural & founding members|
|My place card|
- White: 2010 Domaine de Reuilly "Les Pierres Plates," Reuilly (Sauvignon Blanc)
- Red: 2010 LeTerraze Rosso Conero, Marche (Montepulciano) *my favorite
- Red: 2010 Massaya "Silver Selection," Bekka Valley, Lebanon (Cinsault/Grenache/Mouvedre)
|My wine tasting notes|
After we were finished with the seminar, we lined up for the buffet-style spread prepared by Michelin-star chef Charlie. The prepared bites included:
- Charcuterie: seared pork rillon, braised cabbage, apple mostarda
- Cheese: Bent River Camembert, roasted garlic & shallot marmalade, rye
- Appetizer: ricotta gnocchi, fried chicken liver, parsnip puree, hazelnut, herbs
- Salad: endive, pickled cranberry, raw celery root, black pepper, ciabatta
|My plate with the lone gnocchi|
The next event is Monday, December 9 and features a modern winter theme including a cocktail reception and a five-course meal paired with sparkling wines.
For more information or to find out how you can become a member, check out Second City Social Club on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!