Continuing with the holiday baking theme, I also made a batch of cookies featuring one of my favorite candies, pretzel M&M's. The combination of salty and sweet works perfectly in this recipe and adds an extra kick to ordinary chocolate chip cookies. These are great to make any time of the year but I chose to add in red and green M&M's to add a festive holiday touch. Happy baking!
|All of your ingredients|
|Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until smooth|
|Beat in eggs and vanilla|
|Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients until combined|
|Stir in your chocolate chips|
|Add your pretzel M&M's|
|Roll into 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheets and sprinkle with sea salt|
|Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes|
|Allow to cool completely|
Pretzel M&M Cookies
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pretzel M&M's
Sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl medium bowl, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until smooth.
4. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
5. On low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and pretzel M&M's.
7. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sea salt.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies become golden around the edges. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.